Management models and tools – as the SWOT or the 7s-Model – are discussed controversially. Some people use them as important tools for analyzing businesses and developing strategies. Others call them “buzzwords”, used by consultants to boost their profile.
On this site, we introduce some of the most popular management models: detailed descriptions, pro’s and con’s, how to apply them in practice, what to expect from them and what not.
As an introduction, we highly recommend the article
Management models and tools – what they can do and what they cannot do
Management models and tools described
- Porters Five Forces – content, application, and critique
- Beyond Porter – A Critique of the Critique of Porter
- The Boston Box, also known as Growth-Share-Matrix
- Porters Diamond – Determining Factors of National Advantage
- The PEST Analysis
- The SWOT Model
- The 7 S Model – Summary and Application
Link recommendations on management models and tools